Product of Google, Android is software for mobile devices that have an operating system, middleware and key applications. It is as popular amongst the masses as iOS and Blackberry. It is compatible with mobile phones and tablet computers. Simple, beautiful and useful are three qualities that define Android.
The Android SDK provides the tools and APIs necessary to begin developing applications on the Android platform using the Java programming language. Crocuss Web develops applications in line with its clients’ needs and the technology accessible.
- Developed by Google, Android is a Linux-based mobile phone operating system.
- Android is unique because Google which, is actively developing the platform is giving it away for free to hardware manufacturers and phone carriers who want to use Android on their devices.
- Application framework of Android enables reuse and replacement of components.
- Dalvik virtual machine enhances the effectiveness of the mobile devices
- WebKit engine is the open source on which the integrated browser is based.
- Graphics of Android are powered by 2D and 3D technology.
SQLite, the most widely deployed SQL database engine in the world, is used for data storage by Android.
- Android supports the common audio, video, and still image formats of :
- Android works on GSM Telephony.
- It also supports Bluetooth, EDGE, 3G, and WiFi.
- Compatible with camera, GPS, compass, and accelerometer.
- Android has a rich development environment that includes a device emulator, debugging tools, memory and performance profiling, and a plug-in.
Features that Crocuss Web offers are:
- Easy multitasking allows visuals move on Android
- Rich notifications
- Customizable home screen
- Resizable widgets
- Deep interactivity
- Promotes Android as a powerful means of communication and sharing
- Easy navigation available
- Refined animations
- Constant feedback makes interactions interesting and engaging
- Ideal for high resolution screens increasing readability
- 2.3 – 2.3.2
- 2.3.3 – 2.3.7
- 3.0, 3.1, 3.2